Golden Kaleidoscope: We matter!

We matter!






Breaking News- Click link to read story






Last Friday I was contacted by HLN to do a special blog piece on the teenager Shelby Buster who went into a Rue 21 store and was asked to leave because she was fat. Body shaming by retail employees is something I have dealt with my entire life. I have been asked rude questions and made to feel less than by employees who felt I was too fat to shop. Ladies, you do not have to be silent anymore, Those days are over! Your voice matters just as much as your dollars. When these clerks go out of their way to make you feel bad, hit them where it hurts. Address it with their managers immediately and if they do nothing; take Shelby's lead and voice your experience via social media.  Please check out my article at http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/09/09/rue-21-teen-girl-told-she-too-fat-shop-op-ed and leave a comment on your experience. Thank you guys for helping me carry out this body positive movement. I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment